November 1, 2019
Re: News and updates from the Academic Support Centre
The American Psychological Association released their 7th edition of APA Manual of Style on October 1, 2019.
What’s new in the 7th Edition?
To help facilitate communication surrounding the change/updates to APA style, the Academic Support Centre is offering the following resources to aid instructors, front line staff, and our students:
- APA 7th edition links and documents [Academic Support Centre SLC webpage]
- APA 7th edition student guide to citing and referencing [digital and hard copy will be available January 2020]
- APA 7th edition changes and updates [PDF | Academic Support Centre SLC Webpage]
- APA 7th edition quick tips for formatting and citing sources [PDF | Academic Support Centre SLC Webpage]
- APA 7th edition presentations/workshops for students [Available January 2020 for in-class requests]
What are other Colleges doing?
It varies from College to College, but the general consensus is to implement changes resulting from the 7th Ed. of APA into Winter 2020, Summer 2020, or Fall 2020 course content.
St. Lawrence College and APA 7th Ed.
To best guide students and provide an efficient way of communicating changes from the 7th
500 Internal Server Error
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
edition and so we will guide students accordingly.
Are you a implementing the 7th edition of the APA Manual of Style into your Winter 2020 or Summer 2020 course(s)?
If the answer is yes, please connect with the Academic Support Centre via firstname.lastname@example.org or connect with the centre coordinator (Jason Boutilier).